Executive Board Meeting
Sirs Branch 19
May 1, 2014
Sir Tom Lathrop called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m. A quorum was present.
ATTENDANCE: Sir’s in attendance were:, T. Lathrop, L. Kolano, D. Deonigi, K. Kuhn, K. Peterson, R. Cashion, , J. Fernando, J. Barnaba, B. Persons, D. Williams, B. Stephenson, J. Carl Sr., J. Burton, and M. Mills.
MINUTES: The Executive Board Meeting minutes from April 2014 were approved.
TREASURE’S REPORT: Sir Kuhn reported that total funds in the branch general account are $4,466.03 with an additional $608.09 in the bowling account and $1,239.86 in the Golf account. Motion to accept the report was seconded and approved.
MEMBERSHIP REPORT: Sir Peterson reported that membership was 126, during the month two members resigned. Three new members will be inducted.
ATTENDANCE REPORT: Sir Cashion reported receiving 31 messages. Meals ordered for today was 91 including two for speakers. Sir Mills described plans to use Google Voice service to improve the Hot Line and reduce cost. The change would require changing the current phone number. Motion was make and approved to move to the new system and change the phone number.
BIG SIR REPORT: Sir Lathrop
- Form 27 was reviewed. The Branch lost 16 and added 13 since the first of the year. The need to increase Branch recruiting efforts was discussed. It was agreed to continue with our current efforts.
- Nominating committee reported that the slate for 2015 was complete including Little Sir.
- Sir Burner was appointed as our new travel chairman. He will be assisted by Sir K. Peterson.
- A storage site for A/V equipment was identified at Oak Hurst. Sir Burton agreed to construct a lockable wooden box for the equipment.
- Web-master Mills described updating activities and plans to take membership photos at sign-in today.
- The Branch Picnic will again be held in September. Committee will select a date and reserve the same park as last year.
LITTLE SIR REPORT: Sir Kolano reported that today’s speaker would be Rhys Bowen, award winning mystery writer. Speakers for the next three months are lined up.
New Member inductions: Three new members were inducted.
ACTIVITIES REPORTS: Golf, Bowling and Bocce are planning to make reports to the membership..
Meeting adjourned at 10:45 a.m.
Duane Deonigi, Secretary