Executive Board Meeting
SIR Branch 19
November 5, 2015
Sir Larry Kolano called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m. A quorum was present.
ATTENDANCE: Sir’s in attendance were: L. Kolano, B. Persons, D. Deonigi, K. Kuhn, K. Peterson, R. Cashion, J. Fernando, J. Barnaba, J. Duncan, J. Wolfe, B. Silberman, D. Diamond, J. Carl Sr., J. Burton, R. Peterson, B. Theobald and SIR President, Bob Hairston.
MINUTES: The Executive Board Meeting minutes from October 2015 were approved.
TREASURE’S REPORT: Sir Kuhn reported that total funds in the branch general account are $5,325.08 with an additional $621.89 in the bowling account and $1,643.91 in the Golf account. Motion to accept the report was seconded and approved.
MEMBERSHIP REPORT: Sir Peterson reported that membership was 123 with 5 inactive. No new members, but expect 4 in January. Four guests is expected today.
ATTENDANCE REPORT: Sir Cashion reported received 24 messages from the hot line. All were excused. 99 lunches were ordered for today’s luncheon.
BIG SIR REPORT: Sir Kolano:
- Christmas luncheon – Sir Barnaba reported that the YV chorus would entertain and that 15 bottles of wine would be purchased for prizes.
- Bocce season is over.
- Sir Carl will describe upcoming events.
- Golf Chairman Burton congratulated Sir Rich Peterson on winning his flight in the State Championship.
- No Dinning out until January.
- No Wine tasting until January
- Travel Chairman Theobald described successful trips to SF for the “Summer of Love” walking tour and the USS Hornet tour at Alameda.
- Sir Kolano suggested the Activities Chairman think about a Movie and Pizza activity!
LITTLE SIR REPORT: Sir Persons:
- Today’s speaker would be Mr. Nan Su, speaking on Chinese History and Culture.
- Oakhurst luncheon contract is scheduled to increase by 4% next year. A discussion of the strategies to cover the increase followed. Sir Hairston pointed out that dues and raffles were now available. Sir Kuhn thinks we may be able to absorb the increase.
- Recruiting effort at the Concord In Shape identified 7 interested members. A table was maned in two hour shifts by 8 Sirs. Sir Barnaba suggested that a recruiting table at an Oakhurst Seniors might work.
- SIR President, Bob Hairston got positive feedback on the Officers Training. He said that a State Bocce organization was developing for next year. He added some thoughts of joint newspaper advertising in the future.
Meeting adjourned at 11:00 a.m.
Duane Deonigi, Secretary